US: Father, Seven Children Found Dead At Home

A man and his seven children have been found dead at their home in Princess Anne, Maryland, US, apparently from carbon monoxide poisoning.

According to the stepfather of the deceased, the 36-year-old, Rodney Todd, was trying to keep his family warm with a generator after the power was cut off due to an unpaid bill at the residence, which is located 60 miles ,95km, southeast of Annapolis, the Maryland state capital.

Lloyd Edwards said, the man, his two sons and five daughters died when the carbon monoxide consumed them.

Police were first alerted when Todd’s co-worker became concerned that he had not come to work in several days.

Although investigation into the incident is still ongoing, Police said it was added that they have ruled out foul play, saying, that a generator with no fuel was found in the family kitchen.

Officers also added that the electricity to the home was disabled, identifying the victims only as one adult and seven children, ranging in age from six years to the teens.

Edward and his wife Bonnie, his stepson bought the generator after the power was shut off to their home

Spokesman for the local power company would not say whether the power to the home was cut off, only that it was being investigated.

“I don’t know anyone his age who would have done what he did,” Edward said while adding that “I was so proud to say he took care of seven kids”.

Follow Us on Social Media

Related posts

error: Content is protected !!
WhatsApp WhatsApp us