Killer Herdsmen Abduct, Kill Visiting America-based Edo Man, Collect Ransom

Prince Dennis Eloniyor Abuda, killed by suspected kidnappers Photo
Prince Dennis Eloniyor Abuda, killed by suspected kidnappers

A United States of America-based Nigerian, Prince Dennis Eloniyor Abuda on a visit to his Fugar hometown in Etsako Central local government area of Edo State has been killed by suspected kidnappers.

Abuda and three others were reportedly abducted by suspected killer Fulani herdsmen along the Benin-Ore road Saturday January 30 while on their way to Lagos where the late Abuda was supposed to catch a flight back to the US.

One David Omo. Agabi, National Secretary General, Fugar Progressive Union (FPU) had reported the disappearance of the four persons on a WhatsApp crime news platform on Sunday January 31. According to the post, “This is to inform this Honourable House that one of our (Fugar Community) America based illustrious son and others: Prince Dennis Eloniyor Abuda, Chief David Oghieakhe, Mr. Richard Bologi, and Mrs Comfort left Fugar Community at 9:00am on (30/01/2021) in a bid to catching up with a flight to America later in the day and the whereabout of the aforementioned persons is yet to be ascertain till date”.

Agabi said they had left Fugar in the early hours of the fateful day in a Toyota Sienna Car Number: SMK 606 GQ.

He pleaded with “the Administrator of the group, all security experts, journalists, Active/Retired Security Personnel and other Members of this Crime/Security Platform to put their eyes on the checks in a bid to unraveling the whereabouts of the persons as captured above”.

It was later confirmed by security sources that they had indeed been kidnapped. Sadly on Tuesday, the national public relations officer of the FPU broke the news of Abuda’s death and release of others in another post on the platform.

The terse post reads: “We wish to announce the death of Prince Eloniyo Dennis Abuda in the custody of the abductors, who kidnapped him and others on Saturday 30th of January 2021.

Others have been released safely. Further details will be released by the family or as they become available”.

A family source hinted that Abuda was killed the day he was abducted because he could not keep pace with others as they were being marched into the forest. In spite of that, they still went ahead with the ransom negotiation which they got.

An attempt to get official reaction from the police was unsuccessful as the state public relations officer, Chidi Nwabuzor could not be reached on phone.

[totalpoll id=”28361″]

Follow Us on Social Media

Related posts

Select Language
error: Content is protected !!
WhatsApp WhatsApp us